Test Date: 21 July 2019
Last Date: 30 June 2019
Online Apply Link: http://admissions.water.muet.edu.pk
U.S. - Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Water – USPCAS-W
The USPCAS-W is part of a broader higher education initiative launched in Pakistan with ﬁnancial support from the United States Government through its Agency for International Development (USAID). The objective of this initiative is to enhance the capacity of Pakistan's higher education institutions to contribute solutions to Pakistan's development challenges.
The initiative entails the establishment of three Centers for Advanced Studies in water, energy and agriculture & food security in four selected Pakistani universities. USPCAS-W is one of the three Centers focused on identifying and developing solutions for the multifaceted water-related challenges facing the country. The Center is housed at the MUET at Jamshoro. (water.muet.edu.pk)
The Center will contribute solutions to Pakistan's water-related challenges by educating and training the next generation of water sustainability leaders through advanced academic training in different water-related disciplines. The tangible deliverables of the Center include postgraduate degree programs, applied policy research, facilitation of public-private partnerships, and provision of policy advice in a range of water-related disciplines.
The Center promotes partnerships with the academic institutions, government and the business community to seek applied research solutions that strengthen the effectiveness of policy-making and drive Innovation, Competitiveness and Economic Growth.
Why Study at USPCAS-W?
The main thrust of our higher education program in water is to contribute solutions towards achieving water security in Pakistan. Accordingly, we aim at training and inspiring the next generation of water sector professionals to meet the specialized demands of government, municipalities, and industry.
- We train students who not only excel in applied engineering but aim to connect advances in engineering to society's most challenging problems.
- Our programs and courses respond to the present and projected needs of Pakistan's water industry. So one can expect high demand for the graduates of these programs across the board.
- Promising students, especially female students and those belonging to economically disadvantaged groups, will beneﬁt from opportunities for thesis research and short-term training in US universities; especially at the University of Utah (UU).
- The students will be able to advance their professional growth and skills under the guidance of well-reputed faculty both at the MUET and UU.
- We promote and facilitate students' interaction with the visiting faculty and outside experts to enhance their understanding of emerging water issues and their possible solutions.
- We create networking opportunities for the students, thus enabling them to interact with a range of stakeholders to explore internship and employment opportunities.
- Our applied research program is multi-disciplinary in nature and developed within the broader context of the water-development nexus to support science- engineering-policy interface in Pakistan's water sector.
- The Center is constructing a new state of the art building with modern teaching and research infrastructure and learning facilities, all of which will contribute towards the professional growth and development of students.
- Training & research at the University of Utah for promising students
- 50% of seats for female students
- Global academic linkages
- Modern teaching & research infrastructure
- Networking & Internship opportunities
- Opportunity to work on applied research projects
- Career counseling for employment
- Weekly Graduate Seminar / Field Visits