The Detailed Information About The Admision policy, procedures, rules & regulations is given below
ADMISSION POLICY: JUNIOR /SENIOR SCHOOL
Admission is open to daughters of Federal Government Employees, residents of Federal Government Capital area and the children of diplomats stationed at Islamabad. Class I, Class XI (HSSC Part-1) and Class XIII (B.A/B.Sc. Part-1) M.A./MSc. Part-1 are the entry points for admission in ICG.
Federal Directorate of Education conducts, through a specially constituted Admission Committee, admission to Class 1 for all model institutions of Islamabad on centralized basis. Candidate aspiring for admission are tested/interviewed at any two Model Colleges Separately for Boys and Girls. Procedure for admission to Class 1 is as follows:
Admission Notice is advertised in the leading newspapers of Islamabad and Rawalpindi in May/June each year. Children who have attained the age of 5 years or 5 + but less than 6 years on 31st May are eligible for admission. Relaxation in age is not allowed.
- Test and Interview
Children who fulfill the condition of eligibility specified in the Admission Notice and have been registered are called for test/interview. Tests in English, Urdu, Mathematics. And General Intelligence/Aptitude are conducted from the prescribed syllabus furnished along with the Registration Form. Admission is granted strictly on the basis of merit.
CLASS II TO CLASS X
- Registration/Admission Test
Candidates are registered for admission subject to availability of seats in respective classes. Federal Government employees seeking admission for their children on transfer basis have to produce relevant documents before they are given admission test in the subjects mentioned below against each class.
II to V English , Urdu, Maths
VI to VII English, Urdu, Maths, G. Science
IX to X English, Urdu, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
Class XI to XIV
- i. Admission to all classes in purely on the basis of merit.
- ii. Students desirous of seeking admission to FA/F.Sc (1st Year) Must have passed the Matriculation examination with at least an A grade in Science subjects and a B grade in Arts.
- iii. Students eligible to 3rd year must have secured A, B, or C, Grade in F.Sc/F.A examination.
- iv Admissions for F.A./Fsc are opened within ten days of the Announcement of the S.S.C results by the Federal Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Islamabad in July/August Every year. While admission to 3rd Year starts after the declaration of F.A/F.Sc. result by the Federal Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education , Islamabad.
- 2). Students placed in compartment will have to fulfill the requirements for admission to 1st year in the next session after they pass the Supplementary examination and fall within the merit determined by the College, (Admission in such cases depends on the availability of seats).
- 3) The principal reserves the right to refuse admission to any student whose behavior and conduct in the previous years has not been found satisfactory.
- 4). Students who have appeared in the Senior Cambridge, GCE/’O level ‘A’ level examinations must submit an equivalence for admission after previous institution certifying good behavior, conduct, and satisfactory academic performance.
- 5). Equivalence of the certificates from educational institutions abroad will have to be determined by the inter-Board Committee of Chairmen, Islamabad prior to regular admission in Islamabad College for Girls, F-6/2, Islamabad, in case of admission to B.A. Part-1, the equivalence will be determined by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen Islamabad and the University of the Punjab, Lahore.
- 6). All foreign students are required to send their applications through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as the Federal Ministry of Education.
- 7). As a Policy no test/interview is conducted while granting admission in Class XI, but college authorities may like to interview any particular candidate to seek more information, if required.
- 8). No claim is entertained from students who have been admitted in the evening shift for their transfer to the Morning shift. Father/Guardian of each students joining the college in the evening shift shall have to furnish an “ Undertaking” not to request transfer of his daughter into morning shift under any circumstances throughout the academic career.
Number of seats in each group are fixed according to the availability of physical facilities and the number of staff members. Applicant seeking admission to 1st year have to apply on the prescribed application form issued by the college office. They are required to attach the following documents along with the application form:
- A copy of the S.S.C Certificate along with the mark sheet issued duly attested by the Federal Board or any other Board,
- Provisional certificate signed by the Head of the Institution last attended.
- School /College leaving certificate attested by the previous Head of the Institution. a. Affidavit. b. 4 Passport size photographs. (Photographs should be in uniform and attested across the front) c. Copy of I.D Card of Parents /Guardian.
- School Leaving Certificate (Original)
- Applicants seeking admission in different groups must submit separate forms for each option. No request for change of group will be entertained after the date of submission of admission forms in over.
- Medium of instruction : Islamabad College for Girls practices English as medium of instruction for all classes /Subjects/Groups. Note:- If any document is found to be tampered the student will not be given admission.
ADMISSION POLICY FOR M.A. ENGLISH /APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY.
- Admission in 5th year classes will be made on open merit only.
- All graduates resident in Islamabad shall be eligible for admission.
- Candidates with 3rd Division and an aggregate below 45% marks as well as in the subject concerned at graduate level shall not be eligible.
- Admission policy given by the Punjab University serves as a guideline. N.B. admission Schedule will be provided by the F.D.E.