Admission- Spring 2014
- Applications can be processed online or downloaded from the NUST website, with effect from 04 Nov 2013.
- The last date for the submission of applications is 25 Nov 2013.
- The list of PhD Supervisors is also available at the NUST website.
- Classes will commence from the 10 Feb 2014.
· Question: When Admissions in PhD at NUST are advertised?
Admissions in PhD are advertised biannually for spring semester and Fall semester.
· Question: Is it necessary to clear GAT (Subject) prior to admission in NUST?
Yes, Passing of relevant GAT subject test with valid score is prerequisite for admission in PhD at NUST.
· Question: What are passing marks in GRE / GAT (Subject) tests for admission in PhD?
a. GRE (Subject) International : 60 percentile
b. GRE (Subject type) : 70 percent (Conducted by NUST)
c. GAT (Subject) : 60 Percent
· Question: I have got first division in may MPhil degree. Am I eligible to apply for PhD admission?
Yes, Candidate having MS/MPhil degree with CGPA > 3.0 out of 4.0 or First division are eligible to apply for admission in PhD Programs.
· Question: How can I apply for admission to NUST?
On announcement of admission schedule in National press and website, you can apply online for the desired PhD Program through NUST website www.nust.edu.pk link ‘phdadmission2013” before the given deadline.
· Question: Do I have to attach copy of the paid fee challan with the online application?
You only have to mention the name of the HBL (Habib Bank Limited) branch and date of deposit in the online form.
· Question: What are the disciplines in which NUST offers PhD Programs?
For details on NUST PhD Programs you may visit our website www.nust.edu.pk link ‘Admission’->’PhD Programmes‘->’Programmes of Study’.
· Question: What are the fees for the PhD Programs?
For fee and funding details, please visit our website ‘www.nust.edu.pk” link ‘Admissions’ ‘PhD Programmes’ ‘Fee and Funding'.
· Question: I have been withdrawn from PhD programme at NUST, can I apply again for PhD admission?
Yes, you can apply for PhD admission, however you have to clear all the earlier outstanding dues, prior to applying afresh. Furthermore you will not be allowed to avail the facility of credit transfer of already completed courses during previous registration.
· Question: What is the registration process for the NTS organized GAT (Subject)?
One can register for the test, online, on the NTS website www.nts.org.pk.
· Question: Can I transfer my credits earned from other University / Institute?
No migration or transfer of credit from other university is allowed in PhD Program at NUST.
· Question: Can I apply for PhD admission if my result is awaited?
You can apply for PhD admission with the transcript upto last semester completed, provided you are able to submit your complete final result before commencement of classes.
· Question: I have done DAE (in lieu of FSc), Bachelors of Engineering and MS (Engg). Am I eligible for admission in PhD Program in relevant engineering discipline?
Yes, you are eligible for admission in the PhD programme of relevant engineering discipline.
· Question: Is there any scholarship or financial support to PhD students at NUST?
NUST provides following types of scholarships and financial support to selected PhD students:-
a. Limited number of merit scholarships are available for students pursuing full time PhD in the selected disciplines under Endowment Fund scholarship scheme.
b. Full tuition fee waiver to selected full time PhD students.
c. Remuneration to PhD supervisors of self sponsored students is paid by NUST, on successful completion of PhD by the scholar.
Note: Scholarship and tuition fee waiver awardees are required to perform TA/RA duties for specified number of contact hours per week.?
· Question: If I am selected for admission in fall semester, can I defer my admission to next fall semester?
No, you cannot defer your admission for one year, however admission can be deferred from one admission session to the next one i.e candidate selected for fall semester session can be allowed to join spring semester admission session, if requested.