Objectives of the Independent Monitoring System
The key objectives are as follows:
- Provide Elementary & Secondary Education Department and its development partners with a viable means of ensuring that education sector reforms are efficiently developed and effectively implemented.
- Support the establishment of performance monitoring mechanisms.
- Increase public awareness of the status of school facilities and infrastructure and the level of education service delivery in the province, district and the school level.
- Provide access to information on key indicators to increase social accountability.
- Increase social accountability to improve governance, service delivery outcomes, planning and resource allocations to the sector
Specific tasks relating to IMU:
- IMU is responsible for ensuring that data for all key performance indicators are collected regularly on monthly basis and uploaded using Smartphone.
- Once collected data will be analyzed for the purpose of performance evaluation.
- Next, the data is presented, in an agreed format, to all relevant offices of the education department.
- IMU will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and timely provision of data. It will also be required to randomly select a sample of schools to visit across various Districts in order to ensure accuracy of data. It will develop reports on remedial measures for data inconsistency, etc