Federal Government Initiative and HEC Role:
The Federal Government has always been endeavoring to facilitate the obtaining of higher education by the Pakistani students, in the country and abroad by providing them scholarships, fee waiver and free admission to Pakistan’s leading universities. For the current scheme, the tuition fee of Masters, MS/M.Phil and PhD for the students of Balochistan, Gilgit/Baltistan and FATA will be paid and monitored by the HEC.
Introduction of the Scheme:
The Cabinet in its meeting held on 1st June, 2012 approved the Tuition Fee Payment Scheme for the students of Balochistan, Gilgit Baltistan and FATA during Financial Year 2012-13.
The Federal Government will pay the tuition fee (including other academic, incidental or mandatory fees charged by educational institutions as one-off or on a per semester basis) of Masters and PhD students of Balochistan, Gilgit/Baltisitan and FATA studying /residing in their respective Province/area of domicile.The tuition fee will be paid through HEC and studnets admitted in Autumn 2012 and future students who are admitted on merit are eligible.
1) Domicile: Balochistan, Gilgit/ Baltistan and FATA
2) Students of Masters, M.S./M.Phil and Ph.D studying /residing in their respective Province/area of domicile will benefit from the scheme.
3) Tuition fee and other mandatory fees charged by the respective institutions will be paid for all students except for those admitted on self-finance basis or who are already availing any other scholarship.
4) Public Sector academic institutions located in the territories of Balochistan, Gilgit/Baltistan and for FATA those Institutions located in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will be covered.
HEC will implement the Program with active involvement of Universities and concerned Provincial / Area Educational Secretaries to provide Free Education for the students of these areas.
1) List of students will be collected from Public Sector academic institutions.
2) Data as per eligibly criteria will be verified.
3) The Universities/ Institutions will also provide the detail of actual tuition fee and other mandatory charges.
4) The Financial requirements will be calculated as per actual tuition fee.
5) HEC will notify the list of selected/benefited students through its website and University.
Release of funds
1) Subsequent Payments will require satisfactory progress report/result of students.
2) For continuation of free education, the students will maintain minimum Percentage/GPA which is necessary to retain his/her admission for the respective university.
3) During the period, the student must be a full time student and he/she will take full load of subjects/credits during each semester/term/year.
List of Universities/Colleges
Students enrolled on merit in Masters, MS/M.Phil and PhD in the academic institutions located in the territory of Balochistan, FATA (enrolled in KPK Institutions only) and Gilgit/Baltistan are eligible. The students enrolled in affiliated Postgraduate Government Colleges and Public Sector Degree Awarding Institutes (DAIs) situated in Balochistan, FATA, KPK and Gilgit/Baltistan will also be provided tuition fee waiver.
1. Balochistan University of Engg & Technology (BUET), Khuzdar
2. BUITEMS Quetta
3. University of Balochistan, Quetta
4. Sardar Bahadur Khan Women's University, Quetta
5. Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Balochistan
6. NUML ,Quetta Campus
1. Karakoram International University, Gilgit
1. Gomal University (GU), D.I.Khan
2. Hazara University (HU), Mansehra
3. Kohat University of Science & Technology (KUST), Jarma,Kohat
4. KPK Agricultural University, Peshawar
5. KPK University of Engg. & Technology, Peshawar
6. University of Malakand (UM), Malakand
7. University of Peshawar (PUP), Peshawar
8. Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar
9. University of Science & Technology, Bannu
10. Frontier Women University, Peshawar
11. Khyber Medical University,Peshawar
12. Islamia College of University, Peshawar
13. Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan
14. Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Dir Upper
15. University of Swat, Swat
16. NUML, Peshawar Campus
17. UET Peshawar (Abbottabad Campus,Abbottabad, Mardan Campus, Mardan, Bannu Campus, Bannu,Jalozai Campus, Jalozai)
18. Hazara University,Haripur Campus, Haripur
19. COMSATS University, Abbottabad
20. Bacha Khan University, Charsadda