Test Date: 3 February 2019
Result: will be announced on 25 February 2019
What is IFMP?
The Institute of Financial Markets of Pakistan (IFMP), Pakistan’s first securities market institute, has been established as a permanent platform to develop quality human capital, capable to meet the emerging professional knowledge needs of financial markets and create standards among market professionals.
The Institute has been envisioned to conduct various licensing examinations leading to certifications for different segments of the financial markets. In addition, IFMP also provides a platform for research & development, exchange of ideas and consulting services on Financial Markets issues.
The Institute will develop a pool of trained and certified professionals, skilled not only to deal in conventional instruments but also to develop and trade new and complex financial market products like options, index futures, and Exchange Traded Funds, and commodity futures.
Pakistan markets presently face the capacity constraint where standards of knowhow and lack of quality human financial are major impediment to build investor’s confidence. There exists a strong need of a dedicated institute that conduct educational and training activities for the market participants to develop financial market practitioners and focus on the current issues being faced by the financial market.
The Institute has been registered as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee with share financial under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
IFMP has been established as a discrete legal entity, and is operating as an association not for profit registered under Section 42 of Companies Ordinance, 1984. The shareholders of the Institute include:
- Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP)
- Pakistan Stock Exchange (Formerly: Karachi Stock Exchange Limited)
- LSE Financial Services (Formerly: Lahore Stock Exchange Limited)
- ISE Towers REIT Management Company Limited (Formerly: Islamabad Stock Exchange Limited
- Pakistan Mercantile Exchange (PMEX)
- Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited (CDC)
- National Clearing Company of Pakistan Limited (NCCPL)
- Mutual Funds Association of Pakistan (MUFAP)
- CFA Association of Pakistan (CFAAP)
- Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP)
Support from International Donor Agencies
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) provided support to SECP under its second generation financial markets reform program; covering strengthening governance of securities markets, market professionals, and building the capacity of Institute for Financial Markets Of Pakistan. Objective being, helping to reduce violation of laws and regulations through certification of professionals, training, and other measures.
World Bank (WB)
World Bank had helped Institute of Financial Markets (IFMP) though Capacity building Grant. The World Bank had provided a grant which aims to build the capacity of IFMP to help it sustain the ongoing activities and introduce additional safeguards in the financial markets by accrediting the professionals and gradually adding certain offerings (certifications and licenses), without which the professionals will not be able to operate especially in the stock markets.
*It is important to mention that the above mentioned organizations do not have any control over the institute’s functions or policy, hence have no liability thereof.
ICM Licensing Certifications:
ICM Insurance Certifications
ICM Other Certifications
- Financial Advisors Certification
- Financial Derivative Traders Certification
- Compliance Officers Certification
- Clearing and Settlement Operations Certification
- Risk Management Certification
- Capital Budgeting and Corporate Finance Certification
- Investment Banking and Analysis Certification
- Islamic Finance Certification
The candidate should complete the Candidate Registration and follow the process as advised.
- Upon receipt of completed Candidate Registration Form along with the necessary attachments, IFMP will register the candidate by assigning a Candidate ID. The candidate will be notified of his/ her Candidate Registration ID through a confirmation email/SMS from the IFMP. Candidates are advised to clearly mention their email addresses/cellphone numbers so as to avoid any inconvenience.
- Upon receipt of completed Examination Registration Form along with the necessary attachments, IFMP will register the candidate by sending the IFMP Study Guide and material at his/her email address indicated in the Examination Registration Form. IFMP examinations will be held once every 2 months. For detailed examination schedule please visit Examination Schedule Tab or click here.
- After Examination Registration, candidates can prepare and appear in the selected examination session. The details of Examination Center and timing will be provided to the candidates through an email one week prior to the Examination Date
- Upon passing the examination, candidates will be offered membership through an email and on completing the membership formalities the certificate will be awarded to the members..
- In case of candidates being unsuccessful in the relevant examination, they are required only to fill up the Examination Registration Form by clearly mentioning their Candidate ID. The IFMP Candidate Registration Fee is not required to be paid again
- Please note that incomplete forms will not be entertained.